Job Title: Systems Engineer
Supervisor: Engineering Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Status: Full-time or Part-time
The Systems Engineer role uses their knowledge and experience of products and residential and commercial electronics systems to create proposals, system designs, and the associated engineering drawings and documentation for BlueDog's clients.
As a member of the BlueDog Design Team, the Systems Engineer collaborates with other team members to ensure that proposal requests, system designs, and engineering drawings, are completed in an Accurate, Complete, Timely, and Consistent manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop proposals, system designs, and engineering drawings
- Follow BlueDog’s processes and standards to create and review all deliverables
- Communicate status of work and review through the tools and communication channels defined in the process
- Collaborate with the other members of the BlueDog team to ensure that we are addressing customer and internal requests in a timely manner and within our promised deadlines
- Address requests, internal or fro the client, for information with a resolution time of 2 hours or less
- Maintain BlueDog data standards:
- As measured by number of errors reported internally or externally
- Minimum threshold of 100% accuracy for system designs and proposals given the information provided by the client
- Proactive communication with the BlueDog Design team.
- Reporting errors in information provided by the client, designs, engineering drawings and any deliverables created by BlueDog
- Consistent and proper use of BlueDog’s tools to coordinate efforts and activities on data review / entry requests
- Highlighting opportunities for improvement to the design and engineering process
- Demonstrated knowledge of products and product categories used in specifying a residential and/or commercial systems integration project
- Experience with D-Tools is critical
- Ability to quickly learn new digital tools and processes
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in written form
- Demonstrated ability to build good working relationships, while working smart and having fun in a dynamic team environment
Why work with us?
The BlueDog Group is a team of consummate professionals focused on helping our clients run the best integration businesses possible by providing them with value added services and products. Here are a few reasons that we know you would love working with us:
- You’ll work in a flexible environment
- We don’t care where you are working from, or when you get the work done, as long as we set and meet expectations internally and with our clients
- You’ll be part of a team that is helping reshape the Systems Integration industry by providing a cost-effective way for integration companies to increase their capability and increase their profitability
- You’ll work with a fun, diverse, and interesting group of people who have eclectic interests and hobbies where there is never a dull moment